Hello! My name is Peter Ryan, Jr. and I am a fourth year Computing Security Major in the B. Thomas Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences and an International Relations minor at the Rochester Institute of Technology. I am very interested in Computing Security and Information Assurance related topics and I enjoy spending my time performing research, following news and trends, and getting hands-on experience.
Here are some facts about me:
- I work as a Student Ambassador for the RIT Office of Admissions where I give tours of RIT to prospective students and their families as well as being the Social Media Team Captain.
- In summer 2015 I am working with MITRE Corp as a Cyber Security Intern.
- I am an aspiring ADK 46er.
- I spent the summer of 2014 as a lead cyber security analyst intern at Symantec.
- My favorite programming language is Python.
- I am a brother of the Sigma Chi Fraternity. In Hoc!
- I enjoy swimming, sailing, tubing, and anything to do with the water.
- I am an Eagle Scout and enjoy camping during all times of the year (winter is less fun).
- I am minoring in International Relations and am interested in economics.
- I am Six Sigma Green Belt certified.